Saturday, May 10, 2008

Handbells, Handbells and more Handbells



How much ringing is too much ringing?? Guess that would depend on who you ask. Ask my husband and he would tell you that he doesn't understand what the fascination is..why do I do this 4 days a week sometimes (most of the time just 3 times). Perhaps it is to get out of the house, perhaps its to have something to do, has anyone just realized that perhaps I enjoy it? Yes, it does have its days, days when I don't want to go, days that I have other options but yet I still choose to go ring, days that perhaps I could do something else instead of ring.

As I told our director when we tried out in January when he asked "why do you like being a member of ETHE?" my response? "because of the friendship, the time spent making music and the overall time spent with each other". yes, the members of this group are older than me..some much older than me but I consider them all my friends. how many people can say that they hang out for three hours a week with their friends? granted if it were not for the groups I belong to I wouldn't even see some of these people outside of church but I"m thankful that we do get to spend time together.

No comments: