Friday, October 3, 2008

New Bern...Day 3

We have survived another day in New Bern..for those of you who may not know, I am not here alone..I'm in good company. Gini, my mom and I are all in the "girls" room, Arnold & Andy are in the "boys" room.

The schedule for today consisted of the following:

8-10....Rehearsal
10:15-11:50...bass bell rehearsal
11:50-4...lunch and free time
3:45-4..cookie break
4-7...rehearsal

then more free time and dinner.

This whole trip has been an experience..as David has said on multiple occassions, we are making music, not just ringing a bunch of bells.

there are definitely parts that I still don't understand and perhaps parts that I am not playing on but overall things have been good.

I leave you with quotes from the day:

"that was annemic"
"eat your wheaties and play those bells"
"when all this stuff is going, all the ADD people have something to do."
"needs to sound taut..not overwrought"
"we as individuals can not change the world, but music CAN change the world"
"F nat, F nat, NOT F#..its even right in the music"
"'have you played this piece of music before?'...'no..but I have heard it and I don't like it'"
"you are late and you are rushing but other than that, it was GREAT!"
"that sounded like Old Mrs Hanson at the church piano..hat, flower on hat, & a pleated skirt"

I have run out of cleverness for today's posting so I will just say that my feet hurt, my back hurts, but yes, we ARE having a good time"

No comments: